Tomato, Zucchini, and Noodle Casserole
Not sure what to make with all those fresh tomatoes and zucchini you have? Our Tomato, Zucchini, and Noodle Casserole is a delicious option. Layers of fresh veggies and our Garlic Parsley Noodles are a great side dish with Italian seasoned Chicken or a main course for lunch.
- Prep Time15 min
- Cook Time45 min
- Total Time1 hr
For the Casserole:
- 1 Bag Mrs. Miller’s Garlic Parsley Noodles
- 1 Jar Mrs. Miller’s Chunky Vegetable Sauce
- 1 Medium or Large Zucchini, sliced thinly lengthwise
- 5 Roma Tomatoes, sliced thinly lengthwise
- 1 1/2 Cups Mozzarella Cheese, grated
- 3/4 Cups Parmesan Reggiano, grated
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Basil, chiffonade
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- Cooking Spray
- Salt and Pepper to taste
For the Topping:
- 1/4 Cup Unsalted Butter or EVOO
- 1/2 Small Onion, fine diced
- 1 Cup Fine Bread Crumbs
Par Boil Mrs. Miller’s Garlic Parsley Noodles al dente.
Spray a 9 x 13 casserole dish then coat the bottom completely with Mrs. Miller’s Chucky Vegetable Sauce.
Layer Zucchini, Noodles, then Tomatoes with a sprinkle of each cheese, herbs, garlic, and more sauce between layers.
For the Topping, melt the Butter in a small pan or heat extra virgin olive oil and sauté onions until translucent. Add the Bread Crumbs and stir until they are completely coated.
Spread Topping over Casserole completely. Place on a cookie sheet and bake at 375° for 45 minutes or until sides are bubbling and the top is browned.