BBQ Baked Beans
The dad in your life is definitely going to love the made-from-scratch (dried beans and all) flavors of our BBQ Baked Bean recipe. It’s so perfect to pair with whatever he’s grillin” up this Father’s Day!
- Prep Time20 min
- Cook Time8 hr
- Total Time8 hr 20 min
- 1 Cup Mrs. Miller’s Sweet Hickory BBQ Sauce
- 1 16 ounce Bag Dried Great Northern Beans, sorted
- 6 ounce Thick Cut Local Bacon (we used Meatheads Union)
- 1 White Onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder, divided
- 2 teaspoons Onion Powder, divided
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 2 Cups Water
- Hot Sauce to taste
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Sauté Bacon until crispy and set aside on a paper towel. Cool and chop into pieces
Sauté Onions in Bacon grease until translucent. Place the cooked Bacon and the Onions in a 4-quart slow cooker.
Place sorted Beans, 1 tsp Garlic Powder, 1 tsp Onion Powder, Water, Salt, and Pepper in the slow cooker and cook on low for 6 hours.
Add remaining ingredients and cook on low an additional 2 hours.